Monday, July 23, 2012

My ride !

You may be wondering why I chose this small two wheelie named Vespa, well its more of a coincidence, I've always been a car guy, having driven cars for over 20 years. Lately, my new house and business is pretty close by about 7 kilometers and as you all know, traffic in Bangkok can be a pain during the rush hours so I started looking for a bike, firstly I was looking at the Japanese bikes but they were all too plasticky for me. After looking and searching on the internet for awhile I stumbled upon a Vespa scooter, so I did some research and went to see one at a local dealership, it was love at first sight, the curve and the design just felt right to me. Secondly, I learned that the body was made of monocoque steel and after test driving, it just felt even right, very stable at cruising speed of 80kms not wobbly like the Jap scooters. I bought a 2011 Vespa LX150ie (fuel injected model) 65 Anniversary Limited Edition in muschio green, green is just my color and I've not seen this green being offered in other countries, its more like a Thailand only limited edition. This ltd edt came in two models, a LX150ie and a S150ie, total of 265 being made with the ltd edition badge present on the glove box. I like this muschio green, during the day it'll look like dark glittered green but at night its more like metallic black. Here are pics of my ride in its original condition, you'll see progress of the mods in later posts. Cheers !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bro

    Your limited edition really sweet!!
    Btw does it made in vietnam?
    I really never seen any before this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Yes, its made in Vietnam, actually nearly all of SE Asian countries models, (this is mainly due to the FTA agreement) except for the GTS/GTV which are still being made in Italy, but alot of components are from India as well.

    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete